Social & Emotional Intelligence Counseling~ (Level 1) $600.00
30-HR CE Course
In this course, you will have 25-hours of online education and 5 hours of 1:1 training with Dr. Clare Steffen via tele-sessions, or webinar.
1. Defining Social & Emotional Intelligence
2. The History of Emotional Intelligence
3. The First Factor: Perceiving Emotions
4. The Second Factor: Reasoning With Emotions
5. The Third Factor: Understanding Emotions
6. The Fourth Factor: Managing Emotions
7. Five Key Components of EI: Self-Awareness, Self-Regulation, Social Skills, Empathy, and Motivation
8. Measuring Social & Emotional Intelligence
9. Developing Social & Emotional Intelligence
10. Counseling for Social & Emotional Intelligence in Recovery
The concept of Emotional Intelligence is not new, and as far back as in the1930s, Thorndike was describing social intelligence as the ability to get along with other people. There is ongoing debate as to whether or not your emotional quotient (EQ) might be more important than your IQ. Some view emotional intelligence as an array of noncognitive capabilities, competencies, and skills that influence one’s ability to succeed in coping with environmental demands and pressures (Reuven Bar-On). Emotions are described as involving the subjective experience, the physiological response, and the behavioral response. We will examine and challenge old views of EI to explore how the skills are closely linked to cognition, and how they can be taught and learned.
In this course, you will learn the four factors of emotional intelligence, along with the five key components and explore ways in which we can measure, develop EI skills, and apply them to your counseling practice. The integration of SEI into your counseling practice will allow you to assist your clients in developing increased self-awareness and self-management through their recovery process. Through improvements in insight and self-control, your clients can learn to exercise choice at a heightened level. By gaining a deeper level of understanding, and the ability to access critical and creative thinking, your clients will demonstrate positive outcomes in their personal and professional lives. Begin today and learn how incorporating SEI into counseling can improve your practice!
Social-Emotional Intelligence Coaching ~ (Level 2) $1,100.00
60-HR CE Course
In this course, you will have 50-hours of online education and10 hours of 1:1 training with Dr. Clare Steffen via tele-sessions, or webinar.
1. Emotional Intelligence as an Effective Foundation for Counseling
2. Connecting Emotional Intelligence and Counseling
3. The Importance of Emotional Intelligence in Counseling
4. Building Social and Emotional Effectiveness in Your Clients
5. Developing Your Emotional Awareness as a Counselor
6. Understanding and Working with Values, Beliefs, and Attitudes
7. Core Counseling Skills
8. How Goals Flow From Values to Action
9. The Counseling Toolkit
10. Counseling Ethics and Best Practice
This course provides the necessary information to expand your knowledge of SEI which will enable you to begin building your expertise in this area of counseling. It will teach you how to create sustainable changes in your clients. Having an emotionally intelligent core-based counseling practice will help you stand out in the crowd amongst other counselors. The field of emotional intelligence continues to grow globally and is ever expanding. Having the skills and competencies of an EI counselor will prepare you to participate in this global movement and make a difference and social contribution to the field of coaching. You will be provided with a framework to develop your EI counseling practice and acquire the skills necessary to begin or expand your EI counseling practice. Make an intelligent choice, start today!